This Vegan Creamy Wild Rice Soup is comforting, filling and so delicious! Perfect for a weeknight meal or dinner for any occasion. It’s simple to make, with hearty flavors that you will love.
Vegan Creamy Wild Rice Soup
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 Blender or Food Processor
- 3 Yukon Gold Potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 Cup Celery, chopped small
- 1 Cup Carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 Cups Cremini Mushroom (or any mushrooms of choice, I also like adding oyster mushrooms!) sliced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 Tbsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Cup Wild Rice
- 8 Cups Veggie Broth
Homemade Cashew Milk
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews
- 2 Cups Filtered Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add oil then add onion, garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Then add in potatoes, carrots, celery, dried thyme and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wild rice to the pot then add in the 8 cups of filtered water plus 2 tsp bouillon paste (or 8 cups veggie broth). Bring to a boil, then simmer over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and rice is cooked. Should be about 30 minutes.
- Drain cashews and add to blender with 2 cups of filtered water. Blend on high for 1 minute or until completely smooth. Pour directly into the pot of soup, then add in the mushrooms and continue to cook for an additional 15 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Serve with fresh herbs like cilantro and homemade croutons or toasted bread.