THE BEST VEGAN STUFFING. A food that is truly beautiful…on the inside. I got so many requests for stuffing, So I called up my grandmother and asked her for all her secrets. She gave me a rough recipe (from her memory not a written recipe, ha!) of the stuffing she’s made for 25+ years! I took all the information she gave me, veganized it, tested it out a few times until I got the approval from my grandmother. This is the tastiest, NOT dry, flavorful stuffing there is. It is such a comfort food & “meaty” so it could totally fool all your meat loving friends and family.
Serves 10 -12 sides
Author: Alexa Soto
7 cups filtered water
4 tsp bouillon (I used “vegan beef” better then bouillon)
1 tbsp coconut oil
14 ounces veggie beef (I used lightlife brand)
7 ounces or two veggie sausages, chopped into small pieces (I used tofurky Italian sausage)
1 yellow onion, diced small
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 celery stalks, diced small
2 (4 ounce) cans of chopped black olives
1 (10 ounce) package of stuffing mix (I used arrowhead mills organic stuffing mix, really recommend!)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Heat oil in a large pan then add garlic and onions and sauté for 3 minutes, then add celery and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add vegan ground beef and break apart with a wooden spoon or spatula until all broken up into small pieces (this may take 2-3 minutes.) Then add sausage and cook all together for 7 minutes until veggie sausage and veggie ground beef is browned.
3. In a large microwave safe bowl combine filtered water + bouillon. Place in microwave and heat for 1 minute then whisk in the bouillon until it is dissolved. (You can also you veggie stock but in my experience the bouillon is more flavorful)
4. Add the stuffing mix to the pan and give it a good mix. Then add 2 cups of water + bouillon mixture (or veggie stock) at a time. Mix in, and add two more cup of the liquid. Repeat this until you’re left with no liquid or until your liking. You can choose to put less liquid if you want it to more dry then moist.
5. Serve warm with gravy. Gravy recipe HERE.