BROCCOLI “CHEDDAR” SOUP! A soup as creamy, warming and comforting as the real deal but good for the body! Chancy total has a big influence on this one. When we first started dating (nearly 5 years ago…time flies!) We would have several dates at Panera Bread. He would get the broccoli cheddar soup EVERY time. So this one is for Chancy and all the broccoli cheddar soup lovers. I do have to say… This came out DELICIOUS.
The ingredients are quite simple… The most complex part of the recipe is making the homemade cashew milk. You may be thinking; “what? homemade cashew milk?” YES! It is easier to make then it seems and I promise it is what MAKES this soup SO creamy.
Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Author: Alexa Soto
| Total time: 45 | Prep time: 20 |
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 2 hours)
2 cups filtered water
1 1/2 tbsp “Not chicken” bouillon
1 cup celery,chopped
1 cup carrot, chopped
1/2 tsp black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for 2 hours)
1 cup carrot, chopped
1 cup potato, chopped
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1. Soak raw cashews in filtered water for 2 hours.
2.In a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion until translucent, adding 1-2 tbsp of water every minute to prevent sticking. Saute 5 minutes. Set aside.
3.Drain your raw cashews and rinse with water. Place soaked cashews in a blender with
4. 2 cups of filtered water. Blend for 30 seconds on high speed. Place a mesh drainer over a bowl and pour the cashew milk through. *You could also use a nut milk bag if you have one.*
5. Pour cashew milk, two cups of filtered water and 1 1/2 tbsp “not chicken” bouillon. Whisk together until bouillon is dissolved. Bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Add broccoli, carrots, and celery; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile make “cheddar sauce”. In a large pot bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add copped potatoes and carrots to the pot and let cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
7. Once potatoes and carrots are cooked, Drain the potatoes and carrots (discard the water) and place all your cheddar sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the sauce into the pot and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes and then serve hot! Enjoy.