This is probably one of the most straight forward, simple, refreshing & EASY PEASY recipes I have posted yet!
This salad is supper versatile too! feel free to add any other veggies your heart desires. Some of my top suggestions would be bell peppers, carrots & zucchini!
Easy vegan Israeli salad
Serves 8 people
Author: Alexa Soto
| Total time: 20 | Prep time: 10 |
2 cups Israeli couscous (uncooked)
2-3 Persian cucumbers, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch mint
3/4 cup lemon juice (or lime, whichever you prefer)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp sesame seeds
Small handful cilantro
limes or lemons
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add couscous, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, covered, until water is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 2 – 3 minutes. Transfer the couscous to a large bowl and fluff gently with a fork and set aside to cool until ready to assemble the salad.
- Chop Persian cucumbers and cherry tomatoes into very small pieces.
- Remove cilantro and mint leaves from stems and mince them both.
- Once couscous is completely cooled add herbs, lemon juice, cucumbers, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Once ready to serve chop avocado into cubes. Top off the salad with avocado, sesame seeds, a few sprigs of cilantro and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
- Store in fridge in a airtight container for up to 4 days.